A big change is coming with A Brand New U! Starting in fall 2018, you will see the beginning of the University Union Renovation and Expansion Project. The first phase of the renovation, extending from fall 2018 to fall 2020 will include closing the Potomac Lounge, Loch Raven Room, Susquehanna Terrace and two third-floor conference rooms. It’s time to start re-imagining your event’s setup, time or even location by considering the following:
- During business hours, there will be construction noise throughout the University Union. We do not recommend hosting meetings and/or events in the Union during this time.
- Alternative programmable space options include the West Village Commons, Minnegan Room, South Campus Pavilion, and the Chesapeake Rooms during the evening and weekends.
- Housekeeping and staffing charges apply when using the South Campus Pavilion, and housekeeping charges apply when food and beverages are served in the Minnegan Room.
- Additional programmable space will be available on or after October 1 and includes the conference space at 10 West Burke Avenue (the former Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel). Events and meetings held in this space are only for TU employees and students. Parking is not available at the venue.
- Please plan your programs and meetings to end by 3 p.m. to allow for space for student programming.
- During the semester, the university will not accommodate external businesses including those associated with university departments within the above listed programmable spaces. External businesses may be scheduled in the SECU Arena, Johnny Unitas® Stadium and within academic spaces.
Event and Conference Services (ECS) is committed to accommodating as many campus events as possible and we suggest departmental planners work with ECS Reservations prior to developing the timeline and date for your event(s). Never sign a contract with a speaker, entertainer, or vendor until a campus space has been confirmed. If you have any questions, you can reach Event & Conference Services at 410-704-2315 or stop by our office in the University Union.